Potassium & Protein Refresher...



I just got back from vacation in California where the weather was mild and the air was dry.  Already one day in NYC and I wish I was back in sunny CA.  In New York it's hot and humid...and the jet lag sure isn't helping. Walking home from work I developed a craving and there was no way I was going to ignore it. My body was clearly telling me that I needed something...something that could only be found in a COLD banana smoothie.

So I made one...and unfortunately fell a little short of the ingredients I planned to use, but I sufficed with what I had and it was delicious and sooo chillingly refreshing.   

One banana (chopped in chunks)
About 1/4 to 1/2 C of OJ
Ice cubes
Squirt of agave nectar
About a TBSP of chia seeds
....blend away....

In my mind I had envisioned possibly using Greek yogurt and some vanilla along with my bananas...or maybe a wad of peanut butter...OR freshly chopped peanuts.  Then I got to thinking...a dash of coconut oil... I was just dreaming up the possibilities.  Unfortunately, I was missing most of those ingredients.  I made due, and couldn't have been more satisfied. I just needed a little umbrella to bring me back to the "vacation mind-set."

What do you like with your bananas in a smoothie??? 

4 comments:

Katie ♥ said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip to california! Where are Pics?!!

Oh it is so hot and muggy here where I live too, its yucky! Cant breathe!

I love a smoothie with spinach, banana, almond butter, milk, and chocolate protein powder! yum!

xoxo

N.D. said...

I can do frozen bananas just with some cinnamon- yum, ice cream :) Sometimes w/ almond milk - or even nut butter. Glad you had a nice time out there!!

Unknown said...

Yummmm... looks like a delicious treat :) Makes me want to go home and blend something up :)

Katie ♥ said...

Yes you got to post pics!!!!!! I cant wait to see them all! Oh vacation is about enjoying and eating different than you usually do!!! I always enjoy yummy food when im on vacatin, I indulge!!!

Love ya girl!!!!!!

About Me

Christine
New York City
Welcome! My name is Christine and I have landed here to share my love of healthy living and eating. I live in NYC where I am currently enrolled in the School of Integrative Nutrition. I am already certified as a holistic health coach and I have started seeing clients to help them reach their wellness goals. I started hot mama health to share the idea that it is fun to be healthy! Health is an adventure with endless foods to taste, exercises to explore, and challenges to meet! If you do not already feel this way, I hope that I can bring you into the light or at least stir a little inspiration here and there.
View my complete profile
Foodbuzz

Followers