Tasty Calcium



Heyyy friends! Sorry it has been so long since I have been able to blog.  Work has been quite hectic, and unfortunately the office beckons me away from my dream to be a full-time health blogger ;) Oh well, what can you do?  Anyway, I had long forgotten about one of my favorite health store finds which recently reappeared on a shopping excursion to A Matter of Health on the Upper East Side. Adora calcium supplements, or rather, "calcium the gourmet way" as the packaging proclaims, are chocolate disks that are delicious!! They actual remind me of a Russell Stover chocolate bunny!  Adora chocolates come in either milk or dark chocolate and they contain 500 mg of calcium per disk, plus some Vitamin D and K to boot (which help in the absorption of the calcium).  The disks have 2 grams of fat and 30 calories per serving...Not bad. 



Eat up to 3 a day

When I praise Adora chocolates, I do not mean to suggest that you shouldn't worry about getting your calcium elsewhere, because you totally should be getting your calcium from other natural sources, say from your greens, like broccoli and kale. I think Adora supplements are a perfect alternative for the person who stuggles to get her/his calcium needs met and needs a little boost thoughout the day.  Adora is also good for the chocolate-lover looking to control their intake.  One disk is all you need to meet your post-meal sweet tooth.   And just one because you know you don't want to go overboard on the calcium! Too much could mean kidney stones and constipation ...among many more serious conditions.

0 comments:

About Me

Christine
New York City
Welcome! My name is Christine and I have landed here to share my love of healthy living and eating. I live in NYC where I am currently enrolled in the School of Integrative Nutrition. I am already certified as a holistic health coach and I have started seeing clients to help them reach their wellness goals. I started hot mama health to share the idea that it is fun to be healthy! Health is an adventure with endless foods to taste, exercises to explore, and challenges to meet! If you do not already feel this way, I hope that I can bring you into the light or at least stir a little inspiration here and there.
View my complete profile
Foodbuzz

Followers