A Healthier Salt




If you are a salt user I beg you to switch to a Sea Salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt . Why you may ask?  Well, we all know that too much salt is not a good thing.  True, our bodies need salt to maintain a functional sodium potassium pump, but really our bodies need less than half a teaspoon of salt a day!  Most people consume WAY more than that just by eating pre-packaged foods or sprinkling lunch and dinner with a little flavor flavor.  
Himalayan crystal salt and sea salt are healthier versions of table or kosher salt because they contain natural minerals from the sea.  They also are lacking the chemicals and additives like potassium iodide found in typical table salt.  These natural sea salts also have a better flavor and are "prized by good chefs" (Jared Koch, Clean Plates).  
So if you use salt, it is wise to use it in moderation and equally as wise to use a natural salt that holds nutritional benefits.  You can find sea salt/himalayan crystal salt at your local health food store or specialty grocery store.  I actually found my French sea salt at Home Goods!! I love the container it came in too...Oh, and I believe it was $3.99 :)  











The bad stuff. 

0 comments:

About Me

Christine
New York City
Welcome! My name is Christine and I have landed here to share my love of healthy living and eating. I live in NYC where I am currently enrolled in the School of Integrative Nutrition. I am already certified as a holistic health coach and I have started seeing clients to help them reach their wellness goals. I started hot mama health to share the idea that it is fun to be healthy! Health is an adventure with endless foods to taste, exercises to explore, and challenges to meet! If you do not already feel this way, I hope that I can bring you into the light or at least stir a little inspiration here and there.
View my complete profile
Foodbuzz

Followers